The Ninjabox is a 2-row Gator rack box containing all my common components:
- Ninja backup recorder with SATA extension and external 3.5mm drawer for easier SSD swapping (SSD caddy is really tight)
- All A/C power adapters including camera - entire kit powered by one IEC computer cable - no more outlet strips needed!
- Studio-grade compressor so it can be used with other boxes that lack compression (like my 8 mic Aux box)
- Headphone jack -- extended from Ninja to keep daily plug/unplug wear and tear on an easily replaced cable, rather than the expensive recorder's plug
- Distribution amp for multiple isolated audio outputs - drive hard loads like reporter's laptop, and camera audio stays perfect!
- A/C convenience outlets to power things like attorney's laptops, etc
- USB charger
The audio input allows it to be used with any mixer or Gator box kit.
Here you see it with the Touchmix-8, my daily mixer
The Ninjabox is everything you need for depo audio, except the mixer.